Re: Backup

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 01:08 PM, John Covici wrote:
What I have done is initiate the restore procedure from windows
That's the key phrase, and something that's seldom, very seldom, done if one is trying to do a system image restore, as those are typically done when Windows itself will not function due to serious corruption of some kind.

I can't imagine ever initiating a recovery from within Windows itself unless I had made a system image backup prior to doing planned experimenting with my machine and just wanted to wipe everything back to the state it was prior to the experimenting.  I'm sure one could initiate a system image restore from within Windows itself for other reasons, but that's not the case I've had in mind when discussing full system recoveries.   They're almost always done by booting with a USB or DVD and using an external backup drive as the image source, putting it all back on the internal drive on the computer in question.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill