Re: Is there a way to encourage companies to make accessibility a prioity if you have a large base of users?

Mich Verrier

Poverty? These are molty billion doller companies. If any one should pleed poverity it should be theconsumers of these products for paying the amount that we have to pay for sutch products like jaws and other things like that. To me accessibillidey shoud be bilt in from the start not tacked on as a afterthought and then have a moad for lind or vi or what ever your disibillidey is and a sepprit moad for others. This includes for games, or any other thing that companies want to make accessible it should be thought of at the start not when the product is all ready out in the market and then have to re tune it with accessibillidey in mind and charge through the nose for it. From Mich.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: August 8, 2018 8:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is there a way to encourage companies to make accessibility a prioity if you have a large base of users?

If there is a magic to it, no one has figured it  out in thirty-plus years. It's hit and miss, depending on the motivation of the developer or company. Most plead poverty--not enough staff to dedicate a single person to oversee or implement accessibility. But some, like guys like Ross Levi from Station Playlist, or the Weather Watcher guy, or the Tapin Radio guy, just to name a few prominent ones, are not only amenable to talking about accessibility with their users, but put their money where their mouth is and really do it.

On 8/8/2018 2:33 AM, David Ingram wrote:

Hi, there should be accessibility as something that should start from the ground up.  I can't see with all the things that are available now that companies are not aware of developer tools that are available to them to make accessibility the first thing that people can notice, especially if the developers no that with in there developers tools of choice that accessibility exist..  I'd like to know how can we educate developers and programmers the best practices to use over all?  Thank you list members for having any information that may help to increase accessibility for many different products even for those companies who may not have considered accessibility to begin with?