Is Caret Browsing useful for JAWS users?

Van Lant, Robin

I am learning Microsoft Edge, as that is the default browser for my company now.  I see a function called caret browsing, toggled on and off with F7.  A description on the web says it allows users to navigate with a keyboard, especially when selecting text, but it doesn’t’ work like I would expect.  I cannot tell any difference when it is on or off and I’m using JAWS to arrow up and down the web page.  Is anyone aware of a value to this featuere for screen reader users?  Maybe it’s only useful for sighted people.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060

www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114