Re: Recommended settings for Chrome and JAWS?

Jason White

JAWS 2018 probably includes Chrome-related improvements, so an upgrade would be wise.

I find it useful to turn on smart navigation in JAWS, and set it to “controls and tables”.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:59 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Recommended settings for Chrome and JAWS?

Hey folks. So I’ve been using chrome as default browser for a bit now, and with the exception of one or two things I need for work have pretty much retired IE. I’m wondering if there are any settings I can change to make chrome just that little bit less annoying to use so that I can retire IE completely. My problem is certain sites don’t read quite as well in chrome as they do in IE. I’m not entirely sure if that’s a JAWS problem or a chrome problem, but I’ll accept any changes I can make to either if they help. Using latest chrome and JAWS 18, if that makes a difference. Thanks either way.