Re: Where to get Skype 7.2 that does not automatically update to version 8.

Maria Campbell

There is a setting to choose not to have updates automatically in options.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 8/7/2018 4:17 PM, Tim Ford wrote:

Hi All,

It took me several attempts before I found a download of Classic Skype version 7, in a form where it would not automatically switch to and install version 8.  The link is below.

https://download.skype.com/5d7ac191986ccb485223c4e4e9e3e4ce/SkypeSetupFull.exe

One hint.  When you start the installation, there is a link to “more options”.  Click on this, and there are 2 check boxes for you to decide whether to include the described feature, e.g. make Bing your default search engine.  Click continue, and the installation will go the rest of the way.