Re: Severe JAWS stuttering

Don Mauck

Yes. I do however have a fast CPU with 16 GB of RAM.

-----Original Message-----
From: netbat66 <netbat66@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Severe JAWS stuttering

the problem is the voice synthisizer voices share the same on board computer c p u as all the other running programs. especially programs like that are continuely accessing the drive, like antivirus and malware bytes, listening to music or you tube etc.
the c p u will pause the sound card voice a few mili seconds so it can do something else. then turn the sound card back on and continue from where it left off.
you won't notice this if your c p u is fast enough.
you might be able to stop the stuttering if you use a dedicated sound card, not a u s b headphone. which still uses the c p u to process the sound.
they have there own sound processor to take the processing load off the computer c p u so it can do other chores