Re: Slicers in Microsoft Excel.

Van Lant, Robin

I did a class once where they showed us slicers, but I have never had to use them.  This is probably a good instance for calling the Microsoft Accessibility hotline.   Same for the buttons.  I have seen when people create a macro in Excel and they can make a button to invoke the macros appear anywhere on the worksheet they want. I cannot imagine how to access that with speech, but you may be able to activate it by the regular macros menus, which is on the developer ribbon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Flor Lynch
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 5:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Slicers in Microsoft Excel.

Hi,

This is my first message here.

A friend has the problem of not being able to access what are called slicers, sometimes used in pivot tables, in Microsoft Excel. He writes:

Hi all,

Google has got me nowhere on this, so hoping some excel expert here can help

We have a lot of reports and dashboards built in excel at work. For filtering results, many of them use these visual sort of buttons called slicers.
Does anyone know if there is a way of accessing these slicers with a screen reader?

In addition, some have refresh buttons inside floating objects? Can I access those with screen readers?

Thanks,
Dave

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114