Re: shut down sound for windows 10

Steve Matzura

It's stupid because that's not how any other sound in the Windows environment is played, so why should this one be treated differently? And what happens if the task manager service terminates before the sound gets a chance to play?

On 7/31/2018 1:26 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:
This is the stupidest solution I've ever encountered,but apparently it's the only one.
I don't know why, in particular, you consider it stupid as this is pretty much how it's implemented "under the hood" on older versions of Windows, but the task is shipped with the OS and you don't know it's there.

This is also the solution I've posted and noted that it is not 100% reliable.  It seems to work perfectly on certain machines and not on others, and I believe a lot of that is secondary to exactly when the task gets triggered, or doesn't get triggered, during the shutdown process.  There are lots of factors that can affect this.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill