From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: shut down sound for windows 10

Someone said if you uncheck fast startup in the power settings the
startup and shutdown sound options return. On my system they do not.
I wonder how many people that have fast startup enabled know that this
does not do the same as a restart? If you have fast startup enabled you
should on a regular basis do a system restart. I have fast startup
disabled as I think a full shutdown gives you better overall
performance. Can't think that a few more seconds for bootup is a
terrible thing.