From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, Jul 31, 2018 1:26 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: shut down sound for windows 10

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:

This is the stupidest solution I've ever encountered,but apparently it's
the only one.

I don't know why, in particular, you consider it stupid as this is
pretty much how it's implemented "under the hood" on older versions of
Windows, but the task is shipped with the OS and you don't know it's there.

This is also the solution I've posted and noted that it is not 100%
reliable.  It seems to work perfectly on certain machines and not on
others, and I believe a lot of that is secondary to exactly when the
task gets triggered, or doesn't get triggered, during the shutdown
process.  There are lots of factors that can affect this.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

   The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in
the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill