Re: shut down sound for windows 10

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:
This is the stupidest solution I've ever encountered,but apparently it's the only one.
I don't know why, in particular, you consider it stupid as this is pretty much how it's implemented "under the hood" on older versions of Windows, but the task is shipped with the OS and you don't know it's there.

This is also the solution I've posted and noted that it is not 100% reliable.  It seems to work perfectly on certain machines and not on others, and I believe a lot of that is secondary to exactly when the task gets triggered, or doesn't get triggered, during the shutdown process.  There are lots of factors that can affect this.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill