From: Aleeha Dudley [mailto:blindcowgirl1993@...]
Sent: Tuesday, Jul 31, 2018 10:50 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: shut down sound for windows 10

Hi all,
I am a very infrequent poster on this list, but I needed to contribute
on this one.
The lack of a shutdown sound does NOT indicate a lack of accessibility
You could always use a light detector app to determine if the screen is
off, or place your ear close to the computer to hear the different
sounds stop. Systems change. That’s a fact. The Mac, for example, does
not make the startup sound on the new machines. It’s sad, but it’s true.
In an age where people want faster operating systems and less noise from
machines, Microsoft has to go with what the public wants, not a niche
market. If you really think that Microsoft or any other company is
stepping back in terms of accessibility, I’d strongly encourage you to
do a bit of research into current accessibility developments first.
Aleeha
On Jul 31, 2018, at 9:42 AM, David Ingram <dingram269@...> wrote:

hi list members, what version of jaws are being used currently? If the
answers is jaws 2018 or jaws 17 then you should hear all system sounds.
I'currently using jaws version 16. This means that if you're using jaws
17 or 2018 with windows 10 version 1803 you should hear all system
soundsI'm going to check to see whether windows 10 version 1803 does the
same with firefox?