From: Gerald Levy [mailto:bwaylimited@...]
Sent: Tuesday, Jul 31, 2018 6:51 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: shut down sound for windows 10

Taking away the shutdown sound in Windows 10 proves once again that MS
really does not careabout accessibility, contrary to what some list
members believe to the contrary. What possible advantage is there to
having no audible means of confirming that your computer has completely
shut down?  On some laptops, the cooling fan is so weak that it is
difficult to impossible to tell whether it is running just by feeling or
placing your ear next to the case, so this may not be a reliable
substitute for the shutdown sound. Maybe someone who is smarter than me
can explain how  eliminating the shutdown sound is an "improvement".

Gerald

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Mario
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 8:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: shut down sound for windows 10

in the meantime, it would be appreciated, I think by most blind and/or
sighted users, to send feedback to Microsoft pleeding that the familiar
Windows 7 shutdown sound be reenabled and that any wav file can be
assigned as it was possible with earlier versions of Windows, i.e. via
the sounds applett of the control panel.
there might be a chance MS would consider it if there were compelling
reasons such as for blind users who choose to completely shutdown their
system and are using a laptop (or desktop) that does not have any means
of testing to see if the system is truely shutdown. the more the reasons
that are reasonable, the better the chance MS might do it. no?