From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: shut down sound for windows 10

Taking away the shutdown sound in Windows 10 proves once again that MS
really does not careabout accessibility, contrary to what some list members
believe to the contrary. What possible advantage is there to having no
audible means of confirming that your computer has completely shut down? On
some laptops, the cooling fan is so weak that it is difficult to impossible
to tell whether it is running just by feeling or placing your ear next to
the case, so this may not be a reliable substitute for the shutdown sound.
Maybe someone who is smarter than me can explain how eliminating the
shutdown sound is an "improvement".

Gerald

Gerald