Re: Problem With Laptop Computer Sleep Functions

Richard Turner

Have you done a virus scan?
Or, it may be time to call Microsoft Accessibility and have them log in and see if they can figure out what is happening.
800-936-5900
I hope it gets resolved.
Richard

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

On Jul 31, 2018, at 3:47 AM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone.

A few days ago, I started noticing that my Dell Lattitude Windows 7 laptop no longer goes to sleep when not in use.  I have the monitor set to turn off after a few minutes of non-use both on battery and AC power.  The same goes for the entire computer itself.

I have gone into the sleep timer menu and verified that everything is set the way I would like, and made sure to save my changed settings.  But my computer still runs constantly now, even when it is not being  used.

I realize that this is likely not a Jaws problem, so I hope it is not considered to be too “off topic” for this list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan