Re: shut down sound for windows 10

Peter Tesar

Hello,

I rely on the continuous fan sound to go off. The silent nature of a laptop is the problem.

I agree that MS should be asked to add the shut down theme along with the start up theme.

I noticed that NVDA has a shutting down sound, maybe JAWS would be the easier and quickest way to help the blind users of screen readers.

Peter T

On 7/30/2018 8:50 PM, Mario wrote:
in the meantime, it would be appreciated, I think by most blind and/or
sighted users, to send feedback to Microsoft pleeding that the familiar
Windows 7 shutdown sound be reenabled and that any wav file can be
assigned as it was possible with earlier versions of Windows, i.e. via
the sounds applett of the control panel.
there might be a chance MS would consider it if there were compelling
reasons such as for blind users who choose to completely shutdown their
system and are using a laptop (or desktop) that does not have any means
of testing to see if the system is truely shutdown. the more the reasons
that are reasonable, the better the chance MS might do it. no?