Re: shut down sound for windows 10

cecropia64

Another way is to see if the lights on the machine go out.  I have a usb hub that has extremely bright lights.  I can tell if the computer is off when the lights go out.  I know that this won't help everybody but for those of you who have enough sight to see lights, it may be helpful.

Stew

On 7/30/2018 6:56 PM, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io wrote:
You can also listen for the fans to stop, at least in a tower

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 6:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: shut down sound for windows 10

There is a bit of a trick to check for windows shut down. Wait a bit and try opening your CD drive. If it opens, you're not totally shut down. If not, shut down has taken place.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 7/30/2018 6:24 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:
So how can you tell for sure that your computer has shut down
completely if there is no sound like in Windows 7 and earlier? This is
yet another reason why I'm in no hurry to upgrade to Windows 10.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Pastor Gil Pries
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 5:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

With Windows 10, there is no way to assign a shutdown sound.

Pastor Gil