Re: Skype 8 scripts?

Steve Matzura

People all over the place are complaining to Microsoft. Just look at the reviews and score. Last I looked, it was under three stars everywhere. Nobody seems to know just what they were thinking.
On 7/23/2018 3:38 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:

I am not changing to the new Skype until I absolutely have to, hoping VFO will get scripts going before September.  In the meantime, are any of you complaining to Microsoft about the mess they've made?  I recall there's a feedback section on the new one, before I switched back to Skype 7.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

"Preach the Gospel, and when necessary use words!"
--St. Francis

On 7/23/2018 3:34 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:

That's about the stupidest key assignment I can think of for an  answer function. Thanks for it, though! How the heck did you manage to figure that one out?

On 7/23/2018 3:00 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

Control plus shift plus P will also answer an incoming call. Figured this out by playing around with it and doing some test calling. Skype really needs to update their documentation.

You have to be in the application window too.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 11:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Skype 8 scripts?

Yes. Apparently, you have to tab to the answer button.

Not positive since I have not had time to have someone call me.

Maybe later this week I'll have my wife do a test call or 3.

Richard

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

On Jul 23, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Steve Matzura <number6@...> wrote:

Did you notice that "Answer Call" was not listed in those shortcuts? Still trying to figure that one!

On 7/22/2018 9:58 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Thanks Sieghard. Hopefully I wasn't the only one who wasn't aware of that.

Given Microsoft's commitment to accessibility, I suspect that will work well and especially since they have already listed the hotkeys.

Thanks,

Richard

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

On Jul 21, 2018, at 9:16 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Hi Richard,

"UWP" is short for "Universal Windows Platform" and these are the Windows Store apps which work on various platforms, e.g. Windows 10 on a PC, a tablet or other device such as Xbox I think etc.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 8:38 AM

Thanks so much Sieghard.
I like Doug Lee's sense of humor.
Someone had stated on this list that Skype for Windows 10 had no hotkeys, but the Microsoft page gives hotkeys for Skype for Windows 10, Skype version 8 and version 7.  I know 7 is retiring, but it would appear that Microsoft has retained the bulk of the Windows hotkeys for Skype for Windows 10.

Is that what Doug Lee is referring to with the Native Skype UWP Keyboard Shortcuts?
I know the U is for Universal.
I'm new to Skype on Windows and am mainly trying to learn it for a client, but might start using it myself from time to time.

Thanks again for your help,
Richard

"The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the world quieter."
- Mitch Albom from The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 8:03 AM

No, not from FS, but Doug Lee has Skype 8 scripts on his site, https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.dlee.org&data=02%7C01%7C%7C434897dad1a14312146608d5ef1b0249%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636677821626323308&sdata=ysLiYVAjdth01DCVd%2Fmsm49poWBQaJiMQBaswlK0rFI%3D&reserved=0.
Jaws will focus on Skype 8 and an initial release of scripts will come in an August update, possible a later in August update, then more improvements will be made in Jaws 2019.
You can read more in Jonathan Mosen's article about the retirement of Skype 7.4:

https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.freedomscientific.com%2Fskype8%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C434897dad1a14312146608d5ef1b0249%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636677821626323308&sdata=o5%2FDiBziULqVz8bx4mizstJUs2ZGeoEXeImL9tN8rLM%3D&reserved=0

Regards,
Sieghard

Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 7:51 AM
To: 'JFW user list' <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Skype 8 scripts?

I am on Skype 8.
When I check the scripts that are loaded it says "Google Chrome Settings, Skype.exe."
Are there no scripts yet for Skype 8?

Richard

"The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the world quieter."
- Mitch Albom from The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.