From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS July Update, J2018.1807.8, Download Links + What's New

Hi Sieghard,

Regardless if you or anyone else has no issues with the built updating option, just as many if not more have had issues using it.  Whether or not it's posted on the website to make it an official command doesn't matter to the people that have had problems with the updater, but it does matter to those that have been told by FS / VFO tech support to download the installer and run from their computer.

In past updates Jaws used to only update the updated components using the auto updater, but according to FS / VFO the newer versions of JAWS beginning with either J17 or J18 download the full version using the auto updater, and not just the updated components.

If you need an official announcement, which you probably won't find, but if you can't accept the fact that others have had problems using the auto updater, then that is something you should take into consideration when you're having a problem others are not having!

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.

Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:09 PM

I wonder where this illusive FS recommendation can be found? If it is something FS recommends when people call tech support because of an issue than it is not a general recommendation.

If the update message included text like “use this update method at your own risk, it is recommended that Jaws is updated by visiting www.FreedomScientfic.com and manually downloading the installer” then that would be an official recommendation.

Regards,

Sieghard