Jaws Repair Failure

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

Yesterday I began experiencing some navigation issues with Jaws 2018 version 1805.33.

As a result, I attempted a Jaws repair via the original executable file that I used when doing my latest Jaws update.

I got through about 70% of the Jaws repair, and got a Jaws repair failure message. … I tried the repair again, and got the same failure message at roughly the same point in the process.

Can someone tell me what this failure message might indicate about my Jaws instalation, and whether I should be concerned?

In the meantime, I have uninstalled and re-installed Jaws 2018, and all appears to be functioning normally.

I’m hesitant to do any repairs on the new instalation, but am still curious about the implications of the failure repair, since I have never experienced this in my almost 20 years of using Jaws.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan