From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 12 July 2018 23:02
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: purchasing computer questions

Paul,

          Yes, depending on how much detail you want.   What I'd suggest you try is either Belarc Advisor, or Piriform's Speccy.  Belarc Advisor generates a report that is displayed in your default web browser and the data you want is near the beginning of the report.  I do not know, based on how complex the layout is, how accessible it will be.  Speccy allows you to save a plain text copy of its findings from its File Menu (ALT+F), Save as Text File (T).  If you want to look at one, here's one I just generated for my computer:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JVvtzpmIEjq-ausO79WpVdBkqYnOV2WT/view?usp=sharing

          Speccy will run under Vista, and I think Belarc does, too.

          ~ Dorothy Nevill