Re: purchasing computer questions

paul lemm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for both the links, that was exactly the type of thing I was after. I tried both programs, they were both really good, but I liked the speccy one most as like you said it was easier to navigate. Anyways thanks for the help that’s given me all my specs , which gives me an idea of the kind of specs I’ll be aiming for in my new laptop.

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 12 July 2018 23:02
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: purchasing computer questions

Paul,

Yes, depending on how much detail you want.   What I'd suggest you try is either Belarc Advisor, or Piriform's Speccy.  Belarc Advisor generates a report that is displayed in your default web browser and the data you want is near the beginning of the report.  I do not know, based on how complex the layout is, how accessible it will be.  Speccy allows you to save a plain text copy of its findings from its File Menu (ALT+F), Save as Text File (T).  If you want to look at one, here's one I just generated for my computer:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JVvtzpmIEjq-ausO79WpVdBkqYnOV2WT/view?usp=sharing

Speccy will run under Vista, and I think Belarc does, too.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

~ Dorothy Nevill

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.