Re: purchasing computer questions

David Ingram

Hi, if you're looking for a dell desktop system, might I suggest a quad coare i7 system with 32gb of ram.  For the laptop maybe the I 5 with 32 gb ram.  Check to see if a 1 tb hard drive comes with each, and don't forget about the cd rom drive at least one of them for the desktop and the laptop.This is probably the best that I can suggest for a system depending on how it is going to be used.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve
Sent: Jul 11, 2018 3:47 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: purchasing computer questions

Hi everyone,

I haven't been computer shopping in 7 years, so feel lost with choices.

I will be teaching someone Jaws, but they first need a computer.

I am looking for a Dell computer, both desktop and laptop.

Top of the line isn't necessary but efficiency is.

I know some computers work better with Jaws than others. I would appreciate some guidance.

Also, now that Microsoft Word isn't on a disc, do you download it after purchase or can a computer already have it installed, as part of the package.

Thank you very much.

Steve