Re: purchasing computer questions

Dan Longmore

 In addition to my last post, a separate video card is not necessary, but if you can get a little memories such as two gigs set aside for just video Freedom Scientific says this can be helpful to jazz performance.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Steve <stever2525@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:47:57 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: purchasing computer questions

Hi everyone,

I haven't been computer shopping in 7 years, so feel lost with choices.

I will be teaching someone Jaws, but they first need a computer.

I am looking for a Dell computer, both desktop and laptop.

Top of the line isn't necessary but efficiency is.

I know some computers work better with Jaws than others. I would appreciate some guidance.

Also, now that Microsoft Word isn't on a disc, do you download it after purchase or can a computer already have it installed, as part of the package.

Thank you very much.

Steve