Re: Question On Eversync Firefox Add-on For Syncing Internet Explorer Favorites With Firefox Bookmarks
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Well, so I guess that was what he wanted. Nevermind.
From: Cristobal Muñoz <cristobalmuli@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:50 AM
Subject: RE: Question On Eversync Firefox Add-on For Syncing Internet Explorer Favorites With Firefox Bookmarks
I don’t’ think the issue is importing, but rather synchronizing bookmarks between the two browsers. I too have been in search of something similar. I used to use PlainOldFavorites which accomplished this with IE and FF, but have stopped using IE for a while now and POF is a dead add-on at this point too.
I would like to have something that would keep bookmarks synchronized between FireFox and Chrome. I tried XMMarks for a bit, but wasn’t terribly impressed and it shut down anyway.
Has anyone in fact tried Eversync to keep bookmarks synchronized between these two browsers? Is it a seamless process?
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of CathyAnne Murtha
You can import bookmarks through your Firefox Library. I think it would be easier:
1. Open the Firefox library (CTRL-SHIFT-B)
2. Open the “Import and Backup” menu (ALT-I)
3. Within the menu, activate “Import Data from another Browser”
4. Within the resulting dialog is a set of radio buttons, select the browser from which you’d like to import bookmarks
5. Activate the “Next” button
6. The next screen has checkboxes to import Cookies, Saved Passwords and Favorites, if you want to import all of them, leave the options checked
7. Activate the “Next” button
8. After reviewing the information, activate the “Finish” button
The data is imported into Firefox.
Access Technology Institute, LLC
Hello, again, everyone.
As I noted the other day, I have now updated my Firefox internet browser to version 61.
Bill White has given me the executable file for a Firefox add-on called Eversync, which is supposed to ssync my Internet Explorer internet favorites with Firefox by adding them to the bookmarks folder.
With some sighted assistance, I was able to successfully do the initial syncing, but am now finding that if I add another favorite to Internet Explorer, the new favorite does not get synced into the Firefox Bookmarks folder.
Has anyone on list had experience with the Eversync add-on in Firefox? If so, can you tell me how to configure it to continually sync my IE internet favorites with Firefox?
Thanks as always for the help.