From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Joni Colver
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:52 AM
To: Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: JAWS and Jarte

Does anyone use a free word processing program called Jarte? The features
sound like they will meet my needs, but I wonder how well it works with
JAWS. The website is:

http://www.jarte.com/

I have a lot of Word 2000 documents with the doc extension and WordPad does
not open this type of document in Windows 7. I am trying to find an
alternative to Word since I may not need to buy that program unless my work
situation changes. In the meantime, I would like access to all my documents

without having to convert each one to rtf format to open them in WordPad on
my new Windows 7 computer. Thanks.

Joni