From: Jason White via Groups.Io <jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io>
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date created: , 2:54:03 AM
Subject: Two Internet browser questions

You didn’t mention Chrome, but for the sake of completeness, I should note that JAWS gives an announcement when you start a download and another when the download finishes, informing you that Shift-F6 will take you to the download options. From there, you can open the file, show it in File Explorer, etc.

This functionality is relatively new, and definitely works in Chrome 67.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Ashleigh Piccinino <apiccinino@...>
Date: Monday, July 9, 2018 at 14:32
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: Two Internet browser questions

Tom,

I think I can help with at least one of your questions. In IE, while using the download manager (CTRL j), one of the options is to alee you when a download complete. Make sure this is checked. In the advanced tab of Internet Options (alt t and up arrow once to get there before choosing the specified tab), there should be an option to “play sounds from web pages” or something similar. I think you’d also need this enabled. I’m not sure how to let you know when a download completes/play sounds in Firefox as I don’t use it … sorry about that! Back in IE, and in the options dialogue of the download manager, you can specify where you’d like your downloads to go. It’s actually one of the first options you find. After pressing CTRL j, you’ll be in the options and a brows button. Just press this and either type of otherwise find the folder you’d like your downloads to complete into. If you don’t know how to brows for your folder without typing it in, press shift tab after getting into the brows dialogue. Do this until you come to your tree view of folders. Tab once to what’s in the first folder you find. If you don’t like the location, press your backspace key until you get to your user folder. It can be a little tricky here, so make sure you’re on the user folder first. Then arrow to where you’d like your downloads to go. You can open this folder, but it’s very important to hit the “select folder” button still on the options page of IE’s download manager. Please ask the group if I’ve not gotten something right here—I’ve not used these options/changed them in a while.

Hope this helps, and have a nice day,

Ashleigh S. Piccinino (B. S. psychology)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10