moderated Re: Opening a link in a new tab from the "List of Links" dialog

Steve Nutt

Hi Brian,

I’m coming late to this, but press your applications key, then W and the link will open in a new window.  Press your applications key and T and it will open in a new tab.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 11 June 2018 22:51
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Opening a link in a new tab from the "List of Links" dialog

Can this be done?

I tried CTRL plus hitting enter to activate the link, but it always replaces the contents of the tab that had focus when you invoked the "show list of links" dialog with INS+F7.

I would like to be able to imitate what can be done with CTRL+Left Click in a tabbed browser, which forces the link clicked upon to open in a new tab, but I'll be darned if I can figure out a way when the link selection is occurring via the list of links dialog.

Even if it can be stated, definitively, that this cannot be done then I can come up with a workaround.  When you're trying to read a newspaper it's a lot easier to open the articles of potential interest in their own tabs so that one can go back to "the front page" or "the main page of the sports section" or similar than it is to keep having to reload them and start all over again.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.