What about simply texting someone. But, if you are wanting to do this from a computer, I'm not sure.
Richard

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

On Jul 8, 2018, at 8:59 PM, Matthew Bullis <matthewbullisaz@...> wrote:

Hmm, not sure. I think maybe apps like Facebook Messenger or an app like WhatsApp are the things people are using nowadays.
Matthew

On Jul 8, 2018, at 6:48 PM, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:

If that's the case, are there any equivalents?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Bullis
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2018 6:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Does AIM Work with JAWS?

I think the issue is the connection to the service. If you found an old executable of the program, it probably wouldn't have anything it could connect to. Seems to me I heard that service was discontinued, and when I heard this, I wondered how long people had been using it. I stopped using it in about 2001.

On Jul 8, 2018, at 6:39 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Annabelle. I just checked OldApps.com and OldVersion.com, and AIM wasn’t on either of them. Why not try putting AIM, download into Google and see if anyone still has it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...