moderated Re: "Ghost Reading" in JAWS 2018

Ashleigh Piccinino

I’ve never heard of that happening

On Jun 26, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

When having JAWS 2018 read on one webpage, and transitioning to another, I am very often having JAWS continue reading what was on the previous page, and quite a bit of it, rather than picking up with the new material on the new webpage.   I hasten to add that this is not a transition being made while JAWS is in the midst of reading on one page while the next one loads, but after JAWS has already had reading stopped on the currently displayed page prior to initiating the transition to the next.

I can never recall this occurring in older versions of JAWS though, since I don't use JAWS routinely, I might not have encountered the behavior in the past.

What gives, and is there a way to stop this from happening?

         ~ Mark Twain