From: "paul lemm" <paul.lemm@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2018 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: Trouble with "task switching"

Hi,

I still disagree, since the program is minimised you need to open that window, you could argue open is not the right word and that maximise or restore that window would be more appropriate. But to shift focus implies moving the view to something which can be seen elsewhere, although you are right the program is stored in memory its visual representation is removed when you open a new program, so no matter how much you move the view or shift focus you cannot then see this program without first restoring that program window, it is then only at this point you are able to shift focus to that window. . However all this being said, honestly I think we could all spend ages arguing/debating the technical definition of what focus means and whether it does or does not apply to this situation or not, but this has moved far out of the realms of anything to do with jaws and I don't wish to block up the mailing list with non jaws related content. so in the interest of putting the whole focus topic to bed I will take on board everyone's points and views and just hope that the original poster has managed to solve his problem.

Paul