moderated Re: Headings List Behaving Erratically

Ashleigh Piccinino

You might want to contact via phone or the Microsoft disability helpdesk they might be able to helpk

On Jun 27, 2018, at 10:28 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Nermin,

My issue is not that the headings list, per se, is acting erratically - as they do all show - but what happens after you choose one to move to is.   Since all of the level 2 headings in an Amazon search correspond to the click-through text links for a specific product returned from the search, I expect that if I move to one of those headings, then hit either Enter (if I wish to overlay my search results in the current tab, then use backspace to return to them) or CTRL+Enter (to open in a separate tab) that the link will consistently open based on which command I issued.   It does not.  Sometimes the link opens, sometimes I get nothing.

This makes no sense to me as I can see said headings/links and if I use "the sighted way" and point and click each and every one of them will open, but they're not doing that under JAWS.

I can't decide if I'm doing something wrong or the web page is somehow coded peculiarly or if there's a bug of some sort in JAWS 2018.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.