Re: retrying downloads in Firefox

Ashleigh Piccinino

I was thinking the touch cursor would help.

On Jul 4, 2018, at 7:42 AM, Sharon <mt281820@...> wrote:

Have you tried right and left arrow?
Who knows if that would work?
Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of BlindedByTheLight
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2018 8:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: retrying downloads in Firefox

All,

Sometimes when downloading files in Firefox, I receive a "Failed" notification in my downloads list. JAWS reads the name of the file, the word "Failed", the time of the download, and the word Retry. I have tried several ways to get to this retry button (applications key, Shift-F10, tab, even Control+R), but cannot figure out how to access this button/link/option. The JAWS cursor nor OCR even seem to read the downloads list, seemingly because the font is too small.

I know I can go back to a place and simply restart the download manually, but it would be convenient to know how to get to this option from within the downloads list.

Anyone ever succeeded with this in JAWS?

Hope I am not missing something obvious!

Thank you as always!

Mike