Re: Jfw and PDF files

If you open a PDF file in Adobe and it is not the default it should ask what app you want to use for PDF files and you should be able to select Adobe and tell it to always use it. Otherwise you can go to Settings > Apps > Default apps and click on “Select app by file type” or something very similar to that. It will take a bit of time for this screen to open and you unfortunately have to tab through to “PDF”, the list is alphabetical and it is a lot of tabbing. Anyways, if you currently have Edge selected as the default, once you get to PDF it will says something like “PDF, Edge button”, press the spacebar and tab to Adobe DC, then press enter and Adobe will be selected as the default app to open PDF files. Keep in mind that obviously Adobe has to be first installed on the system.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Morne van der Merwe
Sent: Friday, July 6, 2018 12:42 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jfw and PDF files

Hello listers,

I’m a new user of JAWS, so please forgive if this question has already been asked.

I’m using the latest version of JAWS and Windows 10.

I tried to read PDF documents with Microsoft Edge and JAWS with no success.  Then I tried to set the default program (Acrobat Reader) via the control pannel also with no success.  The only defaults I get to change is for music, email and videos but no option to change the default PDF to Acrobat Reader DC.  There’s another screen reader wich works with Edge, but I do prefer to use JAWS.

Any advice would be apreciated.

Kind regards

Morné