Re: known issues with Excel 2016 freezes with JAWS?

Dan Longmore

Hi,

I use Excel 2016, office 365 version, and while it has some minor quirks , works well.  When they throw updates in from Office or JAWS this can bring unexpected issues.  I would compare your 2016 Excel settings with your old ones.  Just guessing here, but there may be an Excel extension or setting under “View” that needs changed and is giving JAWS grief.  The crashing is what makes me go this direction.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:32 PM
To: JFW list (main@jfw.groups.io) <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: known issues with Excel 2016 freezes with JAWS?

Hi,

Running Excel 2016 with JAWS 2018 build 1803.  I've tried to open many files today Excel for work and been getting everything from really sluggish movement around the file to JAWS freezing when in Excel.   Next week I think my laptop will get reimaged to resolve an unrelated issue and I hope to get the latest release of JAWS installed, but just wanting to know of any known issue in Excel 2016.  This issue is really problematic with getting my work done.  These are all files that I successfully opened when in Office 2010 and running Window Eyes, but today is my first day opening them on my new system.

Robin Van Lant |  Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.