Re: Windows 7 and Windows Explorer

dennis

well i'm glad you have an alternate since you don't have 16. i have installed every 2018 update and the problem never goes away. i guess it's a win 7 thing.

On 7/4/2018 9:13 AM, Pele West wrote:
Hi

Thank you for writing. The lag does happen on some other applications,
but not as often.

I do not have JAWS 16, so will keep using Window-Eyes, except when I
want to go online, where JAWS and Chrome work well.

Pele West

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 07:57:10 -0500
"dennis" <dennisc67@...> wrote:

i have this slow problem also. i have had to go back to jaws 16 to not have that problem. its not just in explorer its in all applications. i can't stand the lag. if you have 16 give that a try.

On 7/4/2018 2:56 AM, Pele West wrote:

Hi Everyone I am using Windows 7 professional and the latest version of JAWS 2018. Sometimes when using Windows Explorer everything runs very slowly. It can take up to 10 seconds to respond to a command. I can solve the problem by unloading JAWS and reloading Window-Eyes. Does anyone know what is going on here and, if so, is there anything I can do about it? Also, I know I have asked this question before, but someone might know the answer. When I first open a folder in windows Explorer it reads the first file details and says "Left to Right Marker" between all the fields. I have the File Name, Date and Time Last Modified and File type showing. It does not say this for subsequent files. Is there any way of stopping this annoyance? Pele West