moderated Re: backstage view in Office 2016

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 01:05 pm, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
But the are not exactly the same dialogue as F12/Control+F12.
When I hit F12 or CTRL+S in MS-Office 2010, or at least Word and Excel, I get a Save As dialog.  If I hit CTRL+F12 or CTRL+O I get an open dialog.  They are each identical, respectively, for the keystrokes that invoke them, which only makes sense.

I hope I made clear that the dialogs themselves are not the same when you cross programs, but that the same sort of dialog for the program that has focus seems to open regardless of what that program happens to be, at least when the CTRL+ commands are used.  The F12/CTRL+F12 outside Office can lead one down some interesting roads, or nowhere.

         ~ Mark Twain