From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andre
Polykanine
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 8:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about learning foreign languages with JAWS

Hello Emil,
I might sound a bit too harsh to everyone (sorry about that), but if
you really want to learn a language (Spanish in your case), please don't
listen to those suggestions like pressing Alt + numpad keys,
using Word keystrokes, and so on, and so forth. They are
completely useless unless you plan to make a couple assignments and give
up with it. I speak quite a number of languages (seven, to be precise),
and I suggest you to do just one thing: add the Spanish keyboard
layout, learn it and switch to it whenever you need to type in Spanish.
then you'll also need a Spanish TTS (voice) to have correct speech
output. If you use Eloquence or Vocalizer Expressive, basically JAWS
should switch languages automagically, though it doesn't do it very well
because it's extremely complicated to detect what language it is, unless
specified: both English and Spanish have Latin alphabet, and there are
plenty of Spanish words with no diacritics in them, so you can't say to
your PC just "Interpret these characters as English, and those characters
as Spanish". Inspite of what I said, voice switching seems to work
reasonably well in Office apps and in web browsers.
Good luck in your learning!

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre