From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 8:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about learning foreign languages with JAWS

Emil,

         Presuming you're using MS-Word to do your assignments, it is easy to insert individual characters related to most common foreign (using English as the base) languages with a series of keystrokes.  See the search results from, https://duckduckgo.com/?q=MS-Word+foreign+characters, for the tutorial of your choice.

         If you happen to know the name (or a significant part of it) for a given character you're looking for you can use the Windows built-in Character Map program pretty effectively with a screen reader, too.  If you enter enough of the character name in the search field you can often limit the returned list to one, but this works much better for special characters such as "Registered,"  "Degree," etc., than it does for letters with diacritics.

         ~ Mark Twain