Re: alt and control key seem to be stuck

kevin meyers

Thanks for the suggestion. My laptop is about 4 months old. I would have gotten a different brand and  because it was through the Department of Vocational Rehab I had to go with their choice. Which is a ACER boat anchor.

Kevin Meyers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 5:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: alt and control key seem to be stuck

If you're on a laptop, and particularly if you have a "heavy touch" with your typing, it could be the keyboard beginning to fail.   I have a laptop right now where neither the 'i' nor 'p' keys will work and before they died were sometimes being thought to have been pressed when neighboring keys were.   One easy way to determine whether this might be what's going on is to get yourself an external keyboard that connects by USB (and which are available for less than $5, by the dozens, at a great many thrift stores) to see if the behavior persists.

Generally, software should not be the issue with regard to "sticky key" behavior (and, yes, I'm ignoring the sticky keys feature of the OS).

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.