moderated Re: Software for canging volume in audio tracks for .flac and .wav files

R&J

You might try MP3Gain available from https://sourceforge.net.  I have used it and it is fairly accessible with JAWS.  You might have to do a bit of hunting with the JAWS cursor, but the software does exactly what you want.  It looks at the amplitude of the track and raises it to the highest level (or a level of your choice) that does not introduce distortion.  I have used it on a folder of songs, but had a bit of difficulty when I tried it on several hundred songs at one time.  It is free as well.