moderated Re: Software for changing volume in audio tracks for .flac and .wav files

Steve Matzura

By the way, the term you want is normalization. Equalization refers to boosting or cutting bandsĀ  of frequencies.

On 6/29/2018 12:01 PM, Dave Durber wrote:
Oh! by the way, my question is no way related in anyway to volume equalization.

The problem with equalization, is that, if the volume of a track or all the tracks, is higher than 0 DB or 1 DB, the resulting audio for the compressed audio, can lead to distortion, varying from mild to severe.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 3:38 PM
Subject: Software for canging volume in audio tracks for .flac and .wav files

Hello Everyone:

When I rip audio CD's to flac lossless audio, for example, the volume can vary considerably from track to track.

I appreciate that the original volume was set at the original recording company.

Does anyone know of a program, which will allow me to set the audio in the .flac files, to 0 DB or +1 DB across all tracks and which is accessible using JAWS?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber