moderated Re: backstage view in Office 2016

Richard Turner

If you go into the file menu, Options, you can turn off the Backstage view, then you can go back to using control-s to save a document.
It is some visual thing that is useless to screen reader users.
Richard

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

On Jun 29, 2018, at 4:23 AM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:

If you use f12 for save-as, the backstage view doesn't come up.
At 02:09 AM 6/29/2018, you wrote:
I'm brand new to Office 2016.  Can someone explain or point me to something that explains the backstage view?  I could not figure out how to even save a Word document with that thing enabled.  I found a place in the Word options to hide the backstage view when saving files, but I do not know if I am giving up some benefit by having it off.  Even if it is hidden during a Save, it seems to still come up when I try to do Save As.

I'm also confused by how the Recent files section seems to have changed from Office 2010.  I heavily relied on Pinned items in my Recent Files list to access common files.  Any guidance?

Robin Van Lant |  Sr. Program Manager
Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114