moderated Re: backstage view in Office 2016

Ann Byrne

If you use f12 for save-as, the backstage view doesn't come up.

At 02:09 AM 6/29/2018, you wrote:
I'm brand new to Office 2016. Can someone explain or point me to something that explains the backstage view? I could not figure out how to even save a Word document with that thing enabled. I found a place in the Word options to hide the backstage view when saving files, but I do not know if I am giving up some benefit by having it off. Even if it is hidden during a Save, it seems to still come up when I try to do Save As.

I'm also confused by how the Recent files section seems to have changed from Office 2010. I heavily relied on Pinned items in my Recent Files list to access common files. Any guidance?

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager
Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114