From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 3:09 AM
To: JFW list (main@jfw.groups.io) <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: backstage view in Office 2016

I’m brand new to Office 2016.  Can someone explain or point me to something that explains the backstage view?  I could not figure out how to even save a Word document with that thing enabled.  I found a place in the Word options to hide the backstage view when saving files, but I do not know if I am giving up some benefit by having it off.  Even if it is hidden during a Save, it seems to still come up when I try to do Save As.

I’m also confused by how the Recent files section seems to have changed from Office 2010.  I heavily relied on Pinned items in my Recent Files list to access common files.  Any guidance?

Robin Van Lant |  Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114