moderated Re: Using the outlook web interface with jaws

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi Sieghard,

I was wondering why that would be the case, and I don’t exactly know why you would have such a good experience on the Outlook web interface. I know it wasn’t at all accessible for me until I changed to the light version. If memory serves, I had a difficult time going in to the web version and changing to the light version, so I first changed to the light version by changing the end of the URL to layout=Light as I discussed previously. Once I did this I was able to go into the settings and make the change there. Another way to do this is to change the URL and then create a shortcut on the desktop pointing to the URL ending with “layout=light”.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the version of Office 365 being used? I think there are builds that get updated on a monthly basis and others that get updated less frequently?

Whatever the case, I’m glad you are able to access the web version of Outlook without changing anything!

Cheers,

Russell

On Jun 27, 2018, at 7:36 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Hi Russell,

Do you know why am I getting such a different experience? I don't have any option for a light interface for Office 365, but the Outlook web app which I get is super accessible, uncluttered and easy to use.