moderated Re: Using the outlook web interface with jaws

Hi Russell,

Do you know why am I getting such a different experience? I don't have any option for a light interface for Office 365, but the Outlook web app which I get is super accessible, uncluttered and easy to use.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using the outlook web interface with jaws

Hi Kim,

No worries… glad it worked for you. I had the same struggles last June when we switched to Outlook as part of Office 365 at work.

Cheers,

Russell

On Jun 27, 2018, at 5:20 AM, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com> wrote:

Russell,

You are the best! Thank you so much. I used the "manual" method
because, well, that's just how I roll. <g>

The light layout is so much better, so much simpler. What a relief.

Thanks again for saving me from another headache.

Kinm

On 6/26/18, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Kimberly,

Here are instructions for changing Outlook on the web to a light
version that is more accessible.

If the following websites instructions don’t work by changing it in
the settings, then try the manual directions below.

Proper way, via settings:
https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=34411
<https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=34411>

Manual method:
After signing in by whatever method (probably
outlook.yourinstitution.com <http://outlook.yourinstitution.com/>),
look at the address bar, it will probably start with something like the following:
https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?blaughblaughblaugh
<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?blaughblaughblaugh>
Just go and delete the blaughblaughblaugh part, and put in
layout=light, so the new address would be
https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?layout=light
<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?layout=light>

Make sure not to delete the question mark (?) in the URL.

Hope this helps,

Russell
On Jun 26, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Kimber Gardner
<kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me some help. In my office there is an
ongoing email issue that prevents us from sending or receiving email
except through the web interface of outlook.

The interface looks like it should be accessible enough, but for
some reason I am finding it incredibly confusing. If anyone has some
familiarity with the outlook interface and can give me some tips I
would very much appreciate the help. Our helpdesk folks have no idea
how soon the problems will be fixed so there's no telling how long I
will be trapped in outlook web mail hell.

Thanks in advance

--
Kimberly

--