From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using the outlook web interface with jaws

Hi Kimberly,

Here are instructions for changing Outlook on the web to a light version that is more accessible.

If the following websites instructions don’t work by changing it in the settings, then try the manual directions below.

Proper way, via settings:

Manual method:

After signing in by whatever method (probably outlook.yourinstitution.com), look at the address bar, it will probably start with something like the following: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?blaughblaughblaugh

Just go and delete the blaughblaughblaugh part, and put in layout=light, so the new address would be https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?layout=light

Make sure not to delete the question mark (?) in the URL.

Hope this helps,

Russell

On Jun 26, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me some help. In my office there is an ongoing
email issue that prevents us from sending or receiving email except
through the web interface of outlook.

The interface looks like it should be accessible enough, but for some
reason I am finding it incredibly confusing. If anyone has some
familiarity with the outlook interface and can give me some tips I
would very much appreciate the help. Our helpdesk folks have no idea
how soon the problems will be fixed so there's no telling how long I
will be trapped in outlook web mail hell.

Thanks in advance

--
Kimberly