moderated Re: Looking for an accessible VOIP/softphone option for desktop and iOS mobile

Andre Polykanine <andre@...>

Cristóbal and everyone,
At the company where I work we use PhonerLite:
http://phonerlite.de/index_en.htm
It is fairly accessible, though you will need to go for JAWS cursor to
make some adjustments.
Here is the direct link:
http://www.phoner.de/PhonerLiteSetup.exe

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre
Twitter (English only): @AndrePolykanine

------------ Original message ------------
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date created: , 7:25:42 PM
Subject: Looking for an accessible VOIP/softphone option for desktop and iOS mobile

The most accessible VOIP application that I have found on the PC is called FS Client.  It has no affiliation with Freedom Scientific.  It is very user friendly, and works better than BRIA did on the computer in my case. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: Looking for an accessible VOIP/softphone option for desktop and iOS mobile

For iOS Bria is definitely the way to go, Groundwire always used to be accessible as well, but I think Bria is better. They also hae a PC application, not sure how this all works now with Windows 10 and UWP apps and if desktop versions are still supported/developed. In any case, I never did try the desktop version.

This might be a good question also on Jonathan Mosen’s Blind Phones list.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: Looking for an accessible VOIP/softphone option for desktop and iOS mobile

Cristóbal,

If you have a Google account I would strongly suggest you at least try out getting a Google Voice number and then playing with the Hangouts app on iOS and possibly under Chrome. One can also access the Hangouts functionality at hangouts.google.com.

I do not believe a hold function is available, but I do know that a mute function is. I also don't know if one can use it to do multi-way calling for phone calls, but I know that one can do so for the built-in video calling function, but that applies only to others who have Google Accounts.

My business number is a Google Voice number that I access exclusively via Hangouts. One can also use the native Google Voice webpage, too, but I haven't done that in ages because, for me, Hangouts is a superior interface.

Since it's free and not all that complicated to set up it's worth giving it a whirl and reporting back on what is, and is not, accessible via the various interfaces. If you want to talk to me off-list about this you know how to reach me.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.