moderated Re: "Ghost Reading" in JAWS 2018

Cristóbal

Happens all the time in Outlook 2016. What's worse is that refreshing the page doesn't do anything and Jaws will not read what's currently on the page without you having to alt plus tab out of the window or maybe tab or shift tab depending on the window you're on.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Keyboard Player
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: "Ghost Reading" in JAWS 2018

I still have Jaws 18 and it also does this. You can fix it by hitting Jaws key plus escape whenever it happens.

When having JAWS 2018 read on one webpage, and transitioning to
another, I am very often having JAWS continue reading what was on the
new material on the new webpage. I hasten to add that this is not a
transition being made while JAWS is in the midst of reading on one
page while the next one loads, but after JAWS has already had reading
stopped on the currently displayed page prior to initiating the transition to the next.

I can never recall this occurring in older versions of JAWS though,
since I don't use JAWS routinely, I might not have encountered the
behavior in the past.

What gives, and is there a way to stop this from happening?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and
many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome,
charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in
one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain