moderated Re: "Ghost Reading" in JAWS 2018

I still have Jaws 18 and it also does this. You can fix it by hitting
Jaws key plus escape whenever it happens.

When having JAWS 2018 read on one webpage, and transitioning to another, I
am very often having JAWS continue reading what was on the previous page,
and quite a bit of it, rather than picking up with the new material on the
new webpage.   I hasten to add that this is not a transition being made
while JAWS is in the midst of reading on one page while the next one loads,
but after JAWS has already had reading stopped on the currently displayed
page prior to initiating the transition to the next.

I can never recall this occurring in older versions of JAWS though, since I
don't use JAWS routinely, I might not have encountered the behavior in the
past.

What gives, and is there a way to stop this from happening?

    Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many
of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable
views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little
corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

        ~ Mark Twain